Currently priced at $100, the 1more ColorBuds packs some interesting features you will not normally find in earbuds under that price tag. With the ColorBuds, you get the usual premium 1More sound quality, multiple color options (Midnight Black, Twilight Gold, Spearmint Green, and Sakura Pink), and a lightweight earbud that weighs in at just 4.1g. Then you have the ENC microphones, four in total, an IR sensor to enable autoplay and pause, and IPX5 water and sweat resistance. Of course, it all works over Bluetooth 5.0, offering up to 6 hours of usage from a full charge.
- PREMIUM SOUND- unique full-range balanced armature delivers higher definition, higher sensitivity, and abundant details across the entire frequency range.
- 22-HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE– you get 6 hours of battery on a single charge and 22 hours total with the included portable charging case.
- COMFORT- The ColorBuds comes in a streamlined ergonomic design that offers effortless portability, long-lasting comfort, and a lightweight build that doesn’t protrude from your ears.
- POWERFUL MICROPHONES- 4 microphones combined with cVc 8.0 Environmental Noise Cancellation technology produce crystal-clear voice talk as if you were face-to-face.
- IPX5 Water & Sweat Resistant– Have the confidence to take these wireless earbuds with you anywhere with all-around protection from water and sweat. Just fully mind your activities, and enjoy it.
- IR Sensor-Auto Play/Pause– The built-in infrared sensors will automatically pause music when your earbuds are removed and resume when you put them back on. Jump back in right where you left off.
Sound and Quality
With the ColorBuds, you would feel and hear 1More’s audio quality consistency unblemished record. With full range balanced armature drivers that were custom-tuned by Grammy award-winning sound engineer Luca Bignardi, a good fit, and support for AAC and aptX, you get a stable connection and high-quality sound when streaming Bluetooth audio. Generally, they sound great and with a reasonable amount of clarity, good low end, and solid stereo separation. For $100, the ColorBuds shines with its four microphones and environmental noise cancellation (ENC) technology that minimizes ambient noise to keep your voice clarity during calls.
The ColorBuds offers a great listening experience for multiple genres, I didn’t experience any disruptions or drops with music, podcasts, or calls. From the time I spent using it, I personally thought that the sound quality was consistent and balanced. Even with the absence of ANC (active noise cancellation) on the ColorBuds, it does a great job blocking out external sounds, thanks to the soft ear tips that seal up your ear canal. As for things I’d hope one more would change in the next ColorBuds version, the glossy case material is top on my list, the glossy finish of the case is a fingerprint magnet.
1More rates the ColorBuds for up to 6 hours on a single charge of which I can attest to this after weeks of consistent usage. If you are running low on juice, with just a 15-minute charge, you can get an additional two hours of battery life.
The 1more ColorBuds app is simple and easy to use for setting up custom controls and firmware updates. During your initial setup, you’ll be directed to update the earbud to a current firmware version that gives the ability to customize the ColorBuds’s tap control function, with the options including pause/play, track control, volume control, and voice control. The update addresses the tap response issue that plagued the earbud at launch. I love the fact that companies like 1more other companies support firmware updates for their products even after its initial rollout.
The 1more ColorBud offers decent sound quality and battery life for its price tag. The firmware upgradability gives it a plus from us because it’s a great way for companies to extend the capabilities of their products after the initial rollout.
- Good sound
- Pair easily over Bluetooth
- The glossy case is a fingerprint magnet
- Not enough features in the app
Disclosure: 1More provided a ColorBuds for evaluation but had no input into this review.