It’s been almost four years since the Raspberry Pi Foundation turned heads by introducing their original 256MB Raspberry Pi Model B DIY credit-card sized computer. With more than 8 million units sold, Raspberry Pi Foundation celebrated this feat by launching a new hardware the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
- A 1.2GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU (~10x the performance of Raspberry Pi 1)
- Integrated 802.11n wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1
- Complete compatibility with Raspberry Pi 1 and 2
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B is the foundation’s first 64-bit computing board that comes with WiFi and Bluetooth built in for the same $35/£30 price. The high-end Raspberry Pi 3 Model B sports a 64-bit 1.2GHz quad-core chipset and 1GB of RAM. Thanks to the quad-core 64-bit 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A53 chip the new Pi 3 Model B 50 percent faster than its predecessor.
Raspberry Pi fans are happy with the much-needed features added to the new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, this proves that Raspberry Pi Foundation is paying attention to what they want. You can buy the Pi 3 right now from Element14, RS Components and or any other outlet that stocks it for $35/£30.
Raspberry Pi 3 – Model B Technical Specification
- Broadcom BCM2387 chipset
- 1.2GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53
- 802.11 bgn Wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.1 (Bluetooth Classic and LE)
- 1GB RAM
- 64 Bit CPU
- 4 x USB ports
- 4 pole Stereo output and Composite video port
- Full size HDMI
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socketbr
- CSI camera port for connecting the Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting the Raspberry Pi touch screen display
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- Micro USB power source
Raspberry Pi 3 – Model B Features
- Now 10x Faster – Broadcom BCM2387 ARM Cortex-A53 Quad Core Processor powered Single Board Computer running at 1.2GHz!
- 1GB RAM so you can now run bigger and more powerful applications
- Fully HAT compatible
- 40pin extended GPIO to enhance your “real world” projects.
- Connect a Raspberry Pi camera and touch screen display (each sold separately)
- Stream and watch Hi-definition video output at 1080
- Micro SD slot for storing information and loading your operating systems.
- 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket to quickly connect the Raspberry Pi to the Internet